SOLID WASTE INTEREST GROUP (SWiG)
- Launched in November 2011, SWiG aims to raise awareness on solid waste issues in the built environment.
- The vision is to provide national leadership in solid waste by promoting
- effective and sustainable solid waste management solutions
- recycling, reusing and reduction of waste
- Raise awareness and develop knowledge and understanding to promote waste reduction and advance efficient and sustainable solid waste management projects.
- Establish partnerships with all stakeholders with an interest in solid waste reduction and recycling.
- Develop best practice guidelines and promote policies for solid waste management in the built environment.
- Support innovation and research to bring about creative solutions to waste issues.