CONFERENCE DAY 3
November 15th 2016
8:00 - 17:00
All Workshops will provide approved Continuing Education Hours "CE" for LEED professionals and GBCI Accreditations under the Credential Maintenance Program "CMP"
Introduction to Sustainability Reporting
Instructor: Sudipa Bose, Sustainability Specialist, Certified GRI Instructor, Arabia CSR Network
Fee: 1000 QR per delegate
The one-day workshop will shed light on the importance of Sustainability Reporting to organizations practicing CSR and sustainability, focusing on the many benefits that emanate from it.
The overall objective of the training will be to introduce participants to Sustainability Reporting, focusing on its benefits and advantages. Participants will also be given a look at the GRI reporting process based on the GRI guidelines.
- Explain the concept of Sustainability Reporting
- Highlight the benefits of Sustainability Reporting
- Provide an overview of the Sustainability Reporting process based on the GRI reporting cycle
The Workshop will be designed in a way that will ensure a smooth flow of theories and practical tips related to Sustainability Reporting. The specific elements of the training will be:
- Introduction to Sustainability Reporting – definition, different types of reports, benefits and challenges of reporting
- Introduction to GRI guidelines – key elements of the GRI framework
- The GRI reporting process – five phases of the process
- Stakeholder engagement and Materiality for reporting
- Exercises and discussion
Net Zero Building Design Principles
Instructor: Dr. Shady Attia, LEED AP, Head of Sustainable Building Design Lab (SBD), Univeristé de Liège (Ulg)
Fee: 750 QR per delegate
This design workshop focuses on the definition and guidelines of Zero Energy Buildings in Hot Climates, with special focus on the passive and active solar design. The workshop will provide basic knowledge and concepts for supporting the decision making and integration of the different technologies and comfort requirements into the design process of Zero Energy Building Designs. Participants will be required to evaluate final design concepts for proposed designs that reflect their gained knowledge and experience.
This course addresses the skills and knowledge requirements
for carrying out energy simulations for energy efficient buildings including:
- Understand the theoretical and operational principles of Zero Energy Buildings
- Apply computer modeling and simulation to address high energy efficiency
- Possess practical skills in envelope design, HVAC consideration and renewable energy systems
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control of Zero Energy Building Constructions
Participants will be familiar with the concepts related to superinsulation, air-tight envelopes, high-performance window installation and passive house construction. Participants will become familiar with materials andconstructions, internal gains, operation controls, weather, HVAC systems and become aware of technical issues influencing the energy performance of buildings.
PARTICIPANTS PRE-WORKSHOP REQUIREMENT:
Windows laptop with software pre-installed (Software list to be sent to registrants prior to the workshop).
IES <VE> Energy Modeling
Instructor: Michelle M Farrell, LEED, DGNB, M.ASHRAE
Head of the Middle East Division and BIM Expert, IES
Fee: 300 QR per delegate
Whether working on a new build or renovation projects, building performance simulation software allows to test different design options, identify best passive solutions, compare low-carbon technologies, and draw conclusions on energy use, CO2 emissions, occupant comfort, light levels, airflow, QSAS, LEED, EPC ratings, and much more. In this session, we will introduce IES <Virtual Environment> simulation tools, and give an introductory training of how to use the different simulation tools. The attendees will also have an option to continue with a further 2-day dedicated training should they wish to perform detailed simulations.
The full day workshop will provide an overview to IES <VE> Energy Modeling Software. the workshop will cover the following Topics:
introduction to Building Energy Modeling. Building Physics - Fundamentals of Energy Modeling. introduction toBuilding Energy Performance Analysis. IESVE as a tool for Energy Modeling. 3D Geometry Modeling for Building Simulation. Solar Analysis & Shading Calculations. Daylight Analysis. Natural Ventilation analysis and Dynamic Simulation. HVAC Loads and system Modelling. Energy Modeling in LEED as per ASHRAE 90.1.
- Building Physics – Fundamentals of Energy Modeling
- Introduction to Energy Modeling & Building Energy Performance Analysis
- introduction to IES<VE> as a tool for Energy Modeling
- Introductory Training in the modules in the <VE> Software
workshop attendees will be granted:
- 3 month software License
- access to the online Training portal
BIM & VR application for Green Buildings
Instructor: Arch. Mohamed Mohsen, Certified Revit Instructor, BIM Consultant, BIM Management Department Manager at Engineering Consultants Group (ECG)
Fee: 300 QR per delegate
This workshop introduces advanced BIM techniques for sustainable green design and energy efficiency - provides attendees with a broad introduction Dynamic Simulation, with a focus on energy analysis applications. Participants will learn how to use BIM software programs (Autodesk Revit) to model architectural concept Masses design options, and then create simulation, energy analysis, develop Masses to Schematic and create Virtual Reality "VR" views using Autodesk for mobile and VR devices view for selected design simulation.
- To develop understanding of BIM and strategies of BIM adoption through analysis and simulation tools for achieving sustainable and environmental design.
- Understand the power and precision of computer-aided design and dynamic 3D simulations to develop sustainable design options
- Able to create 3D masses for concepts presentation
- Create VR scene for BIM Models
- Introduction to current practices of BIM adoption in sustainable design and virtual reality techniques.
- Basic Conceptual building design models
- Getting Design recommendation for building orientation, wall window ratios and materials selection for environmental and energy efficiency
- Renewable energy potentials
- Assessment and evaluation of different design options
- Creating solar and day lighting simulation.
- Creating VR Scene using panoramic rendering
- Running VR scene on different mobile devices
PARTICIPANTS PRE-WORKSHOP REQUIREMENT:
- Laptop with Autodesk Revit 2016, Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF.
- Autodesk A360 account